Walmart recognizes the importance of our customers' privacy. We believe that privacy is more than an issue of compliance – it is one of trust. We strive to manage your personal information based on our basic belief of respect for the individual. This policy describes:
- How and why we collect your personal information.
- How your information is used and protected.
- When and with whom we share your information.
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information.
Notice and Scope of Our Privacy Practices
Collection of Information
We collect and store information about you, that you provide, to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection.
The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements. This information may include, in certain cases, “sensitive personal data or information” such as PAN, license numbers or tax related information of the users. We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Walmart, both in stores and online. Some examples are when you:
- Enrol as a member of our stores.
- Create an account on one of our websites.
- Make an online or in-store purchase from us.
- Use a gift registry.
- Conduct a transaction where we collect personal information, including when required by law and regulations.
- Request customer service or contact us.
- Submit a Walmart related story, testimonial, rating or review, or other user-generated content that may be posted on the site.
- Participate in a contest, promotion, or survey; or
- Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
With your consent, we will have access to your SMS, contacts in your directory, call history, location and device information and we may request you to provide your Know-Your-Customer (KYC) details to check your eligibility for certain products/services including but not limited to credit and payment products etc., to enhance your experience on the platform and provide you access to the services being offered by us, our affiliates or lending partners. Access, storage and use of this data will be in consonance with the applicable laws. You understand that your access to these products/services may be affected in the event your consent is withdrawn.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our websites, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your computer’s operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages.
- We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive. As an option, you may disable your cookies. Please refer to your browser help for details.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
- We operate cameras in stores for security and operational purposes, such as to measure traffic patterns. Except for security purposes, we do not use these cameras to identify you personally.
How We Use Your Information
Walmart uses your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfilment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfil your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests.
- To register and service your account / membership.
- To administer surveys, contests, and promotions.
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls.
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings, websites, and advertising.
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions; and
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business and
- To ensure compliance as per legal and statutory requirements, such as for fraud detection.
- To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and non-personal information we collect online with offline information, including information from third parties. We may transfer or disclose your information within our corporate family of companies for these purposes.
How We Disclose Your Information outside Walmart
We may share personal information with Walmart, Walmart group companies, our other corporate entities, affiliates, and their partners for the purposes of providing products and services offered by them, including deferred payment options and credits through their lending partners. These entities and affiliates may market to you because of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out. Walmart does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to service providers that help with our business operations. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce Membership Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our products and services. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our websites. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in India or the United States or other locations where the service providers or Walmart and/or Walmart maintains facilities. We require our service providers to keep your information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
We further seek to secure the information shared with service providers by taking adequate measures including execution of a non-disclosure agreement, verifying that the service providers adopt reasonable level of security standards and are compliant with the laws and regulations governing privacy.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may disclose your information in other special circumstances. These include situations when the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Walmart, our customers, our associates, or any other person, or where otherwise required by law. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers, or addressing crimes committed on Walmart property. Information from in-store security cameras may also be provided to law enforcement upon written request. Walmart may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
From time to time with your express consent, we may disclose information with carefully selected companies who may offer you products and services of interest. You may opt in or opt out of this through your Membership enrolment form or by writing into us by letter, or e-mail. The information disclosed is strictly on a need to know basis and no additional information other than basic contact information as per your preference is disclosed.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Walmart or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
We communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. At the time of registration, you may choose the preferred mode of communication on the form or you may opt out of receiving such marketing information. Examples are newsletters, special offers, and new product announcements. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
- We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We also use an opt-in standard for sharing personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your “express” consent.
- We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications like mail, text messaging and newsletters.
You may contact the Grievance Officer as described below, to make changes to your preferences. If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt out of e-mail, include your mailing address. Please contact us via the “Contact Us” section below.
Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service, or reminder notices, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.
Online Operations and Advertising
You may exercise choices related to our online operations and advertising. For instance, you can choose to browse our websites without accepting cookies Please know that cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page, and they support your transactions with us. Without cookies enabled, you will still be able to browse our websites, but will not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain website features.
How to Access and Update Your Information
Walmart takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information, including contact or account information, in the following ways:
- Contact us at the email or postal address listed in the “Contact Us” section at the bottom of this policy. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals and subject to reasonable limitations provided by law and internal procedures. Otherwise we will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will provide access and make changes you request or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regards to the request.
- If you need help accessing your information related to a service provided by a third party, we will assist you by referring you to the third party. Please contact us via the “Contact Us” section below.
How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is a company priority. Whether you are shopping online or in our stores, we use reasonable security measures to help protect the confidentiality of personal information. By using the Platform, users accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet and the World Wide Web which cannot always be guaranteed as completely secure, and therefore, there would always remain certain inherent risks regarding use of the Platform. Users are responsible for ensuring the protection of login and password records for their account. On receiving a formal written complaint, we seek to contact and redress the user regarding his concerns, within reasonable time. We shall cooperate with appropriate regulatory authorities, including data protection authorities as per the laws of India, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved directly.
Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential. We also use a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). If your browser is capable of SSL (and most are), your account information will be protected during transport across the Internet. When you enter a secure portion of a website, which is any page containing any of your account information, an image of a closed lock or a solid key should appear in the bottom bar of your browser window. If you click on this image, a small pop-up window displaying website security information will appear. This display indicates that your personal information is transmitted in encrypted form to a Walmart web server, not to some unknown or unauthorized server.
As a global company, Walmart and Walmart affiliates have separate privacy policies for their international offices. Information about our customers may be processed and stored in India or the United States or any other country in which Walmart or our service providers maintain facilities. Globally, Walmart requires our group companies to protect your personal information, regardless of where it is stored, in accordance with local laws and our policies.
Retention and Deletion of Information
We retain your personal information in accordance with applicable laws, for a period no longer than is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as required under any applicable law. However, we may retain data related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse or if required by law or for other legitimate purposes. We may continue to retain your data in anonymised form for analytical and research purposes.
Your Consent Data Collection, Use, or Disclosure
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments about this policy. You can also contact our Grievance Office via the addresses below:
Walmart India Pvt.Ltd.
E-20, 1st and 2nd Floor, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016
Grievance Officer - Ms. Himani Sharma,
Email address - firstname.lastname@example.org,
Mobile No- 9311266814.